Cashmere and Cream Tea

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cashmere and Cream Tea

I am attempting to make my first hat courtesy of bleuarts which I haven't yet figured out how to link. I find to to be a truly fabulous hat, however I've had to rip it out 3x because I didn't understand the pattern.

After much frustration, I called upon a wiser knitter than I to interpret my misdeeds. She laughed, but only a little, when I told her she was my only hope. She fixed my issue in short order and I am now back to making this hat for my sister's birthday. She will either love me forever or think I've taken up crack, but either way she'll be amused.

Last year I knitted her a shampoodle (her favorite toy when she was little). For those of you who don't know, a Shampoodle is a plastic bath toy in bright pink that you put shampoo in, squeeze and then you are "Shampooin' and Doin' her hair".

She and that Shampoodle were best friends until it got tragically moldy, so I thought now that she's older, she doesn't need a new shampoodle, though I did look on ebay. I found a poodle wine bottle cover pattern and knitted it in the same disgusting pink so she has a shampoodle cozy for her shampoo.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

please obi wan, you're my only hope!

glad to hear the hat is complete, now of course, i need to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home